Thursday, January 05, 2006

I've caught the meme

Thanks to Angry for getting me with the latest "tag" meme: list five weird things about yourself, then tag five others to do the same.

1 My children always say I don't open my mouth when I speak. It's like words come out, but the lips don't move. I don't see it myself, but then, I'm not looking. My daughter thinks it's Freudian -- maybe I'm afraid of something I'll say.

2 I always buy ugly eyeglasses because they're cheap, and I figure that I'll never wear them anyway because I wear contacts. But then, invariably, I lose one of my contacts. And worse still, my glasses are held together with a twist tie ( you know where the little screw should go to hold on the arm). It used to be worse; it used to be with duct tape. No. I don't wear them in public.

3 I manage to burn myself every time I cook. I have a bunch of kids, therefore I cook every day and I have the scars to prove it.

4 There are four kids in our house -- and I went out and bought two puppies this summer. They are cute, but I'm almost convinced that I'm certifiable. When I want the kids to help out, I keep telling them that they wanted these dogs, but I think they know it was me all along.

5 I can't spell to save my life. All the while I'm posting, I'm turning to my oldest daughter (aka Human Dictionary) and saying "how do you spell . . ." If you see misspellings, it's because she wasn't around to ask.

Now I'd like to hear some weird things about:

Linda at The Great Pumpkin
Martin at The G-gnome Rides Out
Kateland at The Last Amazon
Jamie at Crittermusings
Bill at Strong World

canadianna

2 comments:

A Dog Named Kyoto said...

Thanks for the tag. I'll try to get a post up soon, but it'll be hard choosing only 5 of my weirdnesses. LoL.

Justthinkin said...

Great! Thanks Canadianna. FIVE??? Gonna be tough when you're as great as me!...LOL